Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Coooooooooooool dish for summers when one hates to sweat for hours in the kitchen........Wins rave reviews for me every time I serve this.
- 1 can drained garbanzo beans
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 14.79 ml sweet pickle relish
- 59.14 ml chopped olive (optional)
- Mash garbanzo beans.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- The tastes come best when mashed thoroughly with own hands.
- Else use a masher but do not use a hand blender at all.
- Serve on bread or toast or as a salad.
this was amazing! i was doubting it would work at first but it tastes just like the real thing! i haven't had a tuna sandwich in 12 years, this tastes like my childhood. thank you so much for this recipe!
HOLY FRIJOLE! This is AWESOME good! You will NOT believe it has no tuna! I used about half a can of black olives (because I'm a black olive freak!) but everything else the same and it was crazy good! a MUST HAVE in your vegan repertoire.
Call this Vegetarian Mock Tuna Salad and I bet you'd get tons of hits on it! Sounds delicious.