Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Creamy, cheesy pasta dinner. YUM!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups corkscrew macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, Italian seasoned
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- Heat broth and water to a boil in skillet. Add pasta and cook until just tender, stirring often. Do not drain.
- Stir in soup, milk and tuna. Top with cheese. Mix bread crumbs with butter. Sprinkle on top. Heat through.
As written this was OK but with a little help, it was pretty good. I followed the recipe as written at first but it was a bit plain. I needed to add a bit more water to get the noodles to get cooked. So I used a total of 2 cups of water plus the chicken broth. I added a can of peas and a good bit of pepper and salt as there was no seasoning in this. I also added another can of tuna as we thought it needed more. I didn't add the breadcrumbs as I am not a fan of them on my tuna. With the changes made, we thought this was pretty good.