Recipe by Moor Driver
A cheap, easy recipe that you can make out of ingredients usually on hand. Goes great served with baked beans. Floury potatoes such as Russet or Maris Piper work best here.
- 750 g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 185 g tuna
- 165 g corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 85 g cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain the potatoes, return to the pan and mash thoroughly. Stir in the sprin onions, corn and tuna. Season well.
- Preheat the broiler/grill to high. Heat the oil in a frying pan (oven safe handle) and spread the potato mixture in the pan. Fry over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until the underside is brown and crisp.
- Top with slices of tomato and grated cheddar. Broil/Grill until the top is golden and bubbling. Cut into wedges and serve.