Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If I would stop procrastinating, I could tell you what this is like!! :-) It looks good though.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 3 (7 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crushed plain potato chips
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over low heat. Stir in the flour until smooth and continue to cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk so that no lumps form. Return to the burner and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard powder and a little more than half of the Cheddar cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Flake the tuna and stir it into the sauce along with the parsley and chopped egg. Transfer to a 9 inch round cake pan. Mix together the potato chips and remaining Cheddar cheese and sprinkle over the top. Dust very lightly with paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini pasta and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender; drain. Serve tuna Mornay over fettucine.
I think this is a great recipe, but my DH gave it 4 stars, I will reduce the hard-boiled eggs to just mabey one next time I make it, and will increase the flour slightly for a thicker sauce, I added in some cayenne pepper also to the sauce, thanks for sharing Zusie!...Kitten:)