Recipe by Tisme
This is a healthy version of the Tuna Pattie. To make a little healthier, I use low fat mayonnaise These can be served hot or cold, and are great with a little sour cream.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was an interesting way to make tuna patties. I cut down on the mayo called for, as I do not find it very healthy - so only added a few tablespoons. Even with that adjustment, these were super moist and even after refrigerating like suggested they were mushy. However, the flavor was excellant and a nice change from the ordinary tuna patty.
- 425 g tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape large tablespoons of mixture into patties and place on a plate and refrigerate for ten minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add the tuna patties and cook for four to five minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove patties and drain on paper towel.