Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't let the name fool you - they are very good! I found this recipe online once, but lost it and have not been able to find the original. This is my version of what I remember. My husband loves these. I make a big batch and freeze - then they can be individually heated in the microwave for a quick lunch.
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice, I like cheddar)
- pizza dough (you can use homemade or buy the kind that comes in rolls - near the biscuits)
- 1 egg
- Drain tuna and mix with shredded cheese.
- Add just enough mayo (approximately 2 Tbsp) to moisten.
- Place a scoop into prepared triangle-shaped pizza dough.
- Seal edges with brushed beaten egg.
- With a fork, press prongs along edges to further seal the calzone.
- If desired, brush entire calzone with beaten egg for that glossy finish.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until browned.