Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tu Tu is my grandma, and this is probally one of her best recipes, apart from her vanilla biscuit or her bread, but this sure is one great cake
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄8 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil or 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- mix step one well.
- beat step two.
- add two steps together.
- bake 180 degrees 40 - 50 minutes.
- top with a cream cheese topping.
This recipe is extremely easy to make and it makes a fantastic cake. Made it for a colleague's birthday and everyone enjoyed it. And I got asked for the recipe. Very moist but firm enough that I had no trouble getting it out of the tin.