Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use an assortment of Wild Mushrooms - Chanterelles, Lobster Mushrooms, Shitake and Mitake make a good combination.
- 1 lb fresh spaghetti
- sea salt
- 1 lb assorted fresh wild mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- shaved parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- white truffle oil (for drizzling)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt until it tastes like the sea – (about 1-2 tbsp).
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add butter and olive oil. When melted and butter is just beginning to brown, add mushrooms and shallot. Sauté over high heat until mushrooms begin to turn golden and shallots are translucent. Add herbs and heavy cream and simmer just long enough to slightly reduce the cream. Add cracked black pepper and a pinch of sea salt to taste.
- While cooking mushrooms, boil pasta according to directions to al dente, about 2-3 minutes. Drain, and toss pasta with hot mushroom/cream mixture.
- Garnish each serving with drops of truffle oil, shaved parmesan, and Italian parsley.