Gluten-Free Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
photo by onlyglutenfreerecip
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 dry white wine
- 1 lb of your choice wild mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cups of organic gluten free chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, fresh
- white pepper
- Heat a large sauce pan and add olive oil, onion, thyme, rosemary, sea salt and mushrooms, place a lid on top and simmer until mushrooms are softened. Remove lid and add wine, simmer until most of the wine evaporates. Then pour in stock and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together cream, cornstarch and ½ the parsley and add to the soup, simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with chopped parsley.
- For garnish use broiled mushrooms. (Thinly slice some mushrooms, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle with oil and broil for 1 minute) Optional.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Find a variety of healthy and absolutely lip-smacking gluten-free recipes for you and your entire family at <a href=http://onlyglutenfreerecipes.com/ target=_blank>onlyglutenfreerecipes</a>.</p>