Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Only a little pretentious. You will need four 4-ounce ramekins.
- softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 cup beef stock, good quality
- 1 -2 tablespoon cabernet sauvignon wine
- black truffle, shavings for garnish
- Position oven rack in the middle of oven; preheat oven to 325°; lightly butter the ramekins.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk just until steam begins to rise.
- In a big bowl, beat the egg and egg yolks lightly with a fork; add in salt and white truffle oil.
- Slowly stir in hot milk until blended.
- Place the prepared ramekins in a baking pan lined with a dish towel.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the ramekins.
- Set the pan on the oven rack; carefully pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 10-15 minute, or until set and a knife inserted near the edge comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately remove the ramekins from the water bath with a dish towel.
- While the custards are baking, reduce the beef stock until it is syrupy, about 6 minutes; add in the wine; stir to combine.
- To serve: place the warm custards on individual plates; top each one with truffle shavings and drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of warm wine sauce; serve immediately.