Recipe by Chef Kate
Sinfully delicious chocolates with a little kick. Cooking time includes cooling/chilling time.
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces prunes
- 1 ounce armagnac (or other brandy)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika, sweet (or mild)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the Armagnac and soak the pitted and roughly chopped prunes in the brandy until they are soft.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Bring the cream just to a boil and take off heat and mix into the melted chocolate.
- Allow to cool.
- Finely chop the prunes and add the prunes and any unabsorbed brandy into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Chill until firm but not hard.
- Mix the cocoa powder and paprika on a flat plate.
- Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls and roll each ball in the cocoa/paprika mixture.
- Store in a cool place.
- Note: the yield depends upon the size of truffle you prefer.