Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 mins
A filling fruity chicken main dish salad that is a good warm weather lunch or dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (20 ounce) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups large shreds of rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat pulled apart by hand
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, chunks (I use jarred mango slices, drained and cut into 1/2 inch chunks; packed firmly)
- 1 medium banana, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- Spread the coconut out on a baking sheet.
- Toast in a 350° oven for 5-7 minutes until light gold; stir frequently and don't let the coconut burn; set aside.
- Drain the pineapple chunks and reserve 3 tablespoons of the juice.
- Set the pineapple chunks aside; whisk together the 3 tablespoons pineapple juice and remaining dressing ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Add in the pineapple chunks, chicken, mango, banana, green onion, and bell pepper; toss to coat well.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among individual plates.
- Spoon salad onto the center of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over the top and serve.