Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Warm and fruity breakfast topped with a scoop of creamy Rice Dream Vanilla Frozen Dessert. A resounding hit with kids and deceptively nutritious!
- 1 cup whole grain quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 ripe banana, chunked
- 2 cups strawberries, whole
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, chunked
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup vanilla soy ice cream (optional) or 1 cup Rice Dream Vanilla Frozen Dessert (optional)
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until all of the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). You will know that the quinoa is done when all the grains have turned from white to transparent, and the spiral-like germ has separated.
- While Quinoa is simmering, in a separate sauce pan add rice milk, raw sugar, and fruit to cook over medium-low heat. When heated through, mash rice milk and fruit thoroughly.
- Add Quinoa to rice milk/fruit mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon into bowls and top each with a scoop of Vanilla Rice Dream if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Really yummy :) thanks for posting! I added in some grated apple at the end and it was really nice.
This was good and simple to make. I didn't have strawberries or pineapple, so I used mango and dried cranberries. i left out the sugar because I used vanilla rice milk and sweetened dried cranberries. I sprinkled unsweetened coconut on top as a garnish.
I have desperately trying to find a hot cereal type recipe that reminded me of a "cream of wheat" without the "wheat" and this one is delicious. The fruity flavor is really nice. I ate one bowl hoping for the best and gladly went back for seconds.