Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh pineapple and coconut are some of the main ingredients in Caribbean(and assuredly in authentic Antigua and Barbuda cuisine). Here they get pureed to a smooth and creamy deliciousness! Adapted from a recipe by Vegetarian Times magazine.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup honey (or maple syrup or other sweetener)
- Puree pineapple, banana, coconut milk and sweetener 1-2 minutes, until it is nice and smooth.
- Pour into ice pop molds, and freeze at least 4 hours.
- To unmold, run molds under warm water.
This was very nice, as you can see from my photo, I didn't end up making pops, as silly me has no icy pop moulds, so I decided to go with a more 'ice cream' approach. I left out the bananna since the smell of it makes me ill, so my attempt is certainly not the best one to judge by. The remaining flavours all were lovely, though I suspect the banana would have given it a more creamy texture. Note, if you do decide to just put in a container and freeze, you will need more than 4 hours for it to freeze. Made for My Food Odyssey October 2013