Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
With a little help from you, your kids or grandkids will be able to make this for your dessert.
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Lightly grease or butter a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- In a heavy, large saucepan over low heat melt the marshmallows and milk, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool a bit stirring occasionally.
- Stir in extract.
- Fold in pineapple, coconut and whipped cream.
- In a medium bowl combine cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press 1& 1/2 cups of the graham cracker mixture into the greased pan.
- Spread the pineapple coconut mixture on top of this.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or better yet, overnight before serving.
My mom made this when I was a kid! She died without writing it down. Thank you thank you!
Dib's, this was very good. I felt it needed a bit more flavor in the whipped cream/marshmallow mixture, so I added a couple tablespoons of lemon gelatin, and yellow food colouring to kick it up a notch (just personal preference), other wise it hardened nicely overnight in the fridge. I will be serving it to company tonight for Sunday night dinner. This is a dessert that I will make again, it is excellent! thanks so much for posting.....Kittencal:)
This yummy dessert disappeared at a church event faster than you can say Tropical Marshmellow Graham Dessert! It is delicious! Thank you DiBs!