Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing, Puerto Rican treat. Strawberries, guava and kiwi also make great additions.
- 1 small papaya, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 banana, ripe, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- Combine the fruit in a blender and purée.
- Add the milk, sugar, and ice; blend until thick and frothy.
- Note - crush cubes before blending if you don't have crushed ice.
The kids and I liked the flavor of this smoothie and was a good way to introduce them to some different flavors. The only changes I made were no ice - my banana was frozen- and 2% milk. Thanks
Made a couple of slight changes when preparing this beverage ~ I used frozen mango & banana then left out the ice & had a super-tasty, very nicely chilled & frosty smoothie! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
A great morning drink! I halved the recipe, using vanilla soy milk and drank it for breakfast. Thanks mon! Made for the Epicurean Queens ZWT 2009.