Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This fruit salad is different from other fruit salads because the dressing is raspberry vinaigrette. Something different and new for me to use, since I commonly associate vinaigrette to salads of leafy greens. But it is yummy and worth a try!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup angel flake coconut
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Chill cans of fruit and vinaigrette bottle in the fridge for several hours before assembling.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, mandarin oranges, banana, coconut and vinaigrette.
- Stir together until just blended.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in nuts and serve.
I really enjoyed this. That said, it looks kind of funny once you add the dressing. It kind of turns a purple colour. Who couldn't use a little more purple food in their diet though?!?! I omitted the nuts to lower the fat content. Didn't miss them at all! This is great for a quick lunch or two. I will make this again.
I made this for a family BBQ over father's day weekend. it is an easy salad to make and very tasty. I chose to serve the coconut and macademia nuts on the side. All around it was a very good salad.