Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best bruschetta recipe I've tried. The sun-dried tomatoes just add such a nice flavor kick.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 12 slices crusty French bread (1/2" thick)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 -3 tomatoes, seeded,chopped (yellow, orange, and/or red, 4 oz. each, about 1 cup total)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using 2 Tbsp olive oil brush 1 side of each bread slice; rub with garlic.
- Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly toasted, 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine fresh and sun-dried tomatoes with basil, pepper, and remaining oil.
- Top toasts with tomato mixture.