Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another magazine find. Moist chocolate cake covered with a rich chocolatey glaze!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejello instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups thawed whipped topping, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease 12 cup fluted tube pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- Beat all ingredients except whipped topping, chocolate and raspberries in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; loosen from side of pan with knife or metal spatula and gently remove cake.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place on serving plate.
- Reserve 2 T. of the whipped topping.
- Microwave remaining whipped topping and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute.
- Drizzle over cake.
- Immediately drop reserved whipped topping, by scant teaspoonfuls, around top of cake; create star shape by drawing toothpick through middle several times.
- Spoon raspberries into center of cake.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Very rich and good. I used sugar/fat free pudding and lite whipped topping and worked great. My stars looked horrible, I'll skip those next time, they just melted and looked weird. Don't try to spread the frosting, just let it drizzle from the top. Everyone loved it.