2 hrs 30 mins
I searched all over for the perfect chili recipe. I finally ended up combining everything I liked and creating my own. We usually do a Creole rub on a bone-in rib roast and slow smoke/grill it and always have leftovers. That is the meat I use unless I am out and then I'll use either Venison or lean beef stew meat. Or, rub a chuck roast and smoke/grill it slowly at 250 degrees for 4-5 hours. Any smoked or slow grilled lean meat will add a great smoky flavor. Great with Moist Cornbread With Cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs lean meat, cut into small, bite sized pieces (Venison or beef)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or more, according to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups water (or more as needed)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1Salt and pepper meat and sear in oil,remove and set aside.
- 2While oil is still hot in pan sauté onions a few minutes.
- 3Add garlic and stir, mix flour, Cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne in a bowl and add to sauce pan a little at a time stirring well after each addition.
- 4Add beer and stir.
- 5Add tomatoes, tomato paste, consommé,water and meat and stir.
- 6Cover and simmer 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, may need to add water.
- 7Add beans.
- 8Serve with your choice of toppings such as minced fresh cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheddar, and chopped green onions.
- 9Serve with Hot corn bread!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trinket's Special Chili
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1798.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: