Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the first dish we Trinis learn to make! Really easy, and tastes great.
- 8 pieces chicken
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced (optional)
- 2 carrots, diced (optional)
- Season chicken well (onion, garlic etc.).
- Melt sugar in oil until bubbling rapidly (don't burn!).
- Add chicken one piece at a time to melted sugar/oil mixture, turning often until well coated and browned.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are cooked (approximately 30 minutes).
- Serve over rice.