1/1 Photo of Tried and True Hummus
My husband(who is a hummus fanatic) and I worked very hard to come up with the perfect hummus to suit our tastes...not too lemony and the tahini(sesame paste) is not overpowering. Being Armenian, hummus was a staple in my home growing up. Even people who aren't too keen on hummos have converted after tasting this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat chick peas and bring to a boil.
- 2Reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- 3Add all ingredients including juice in a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl halfway through to make sure it is all blended.
- 4Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with cumin and paprika.
- 5top with 2 tablespoons olive oil or to taste.
- 6Garnish with sliced tomatoes and kalamata olives(opt).
- 7Serve with toasted pita bread.
- 8Even better the next day!
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tried and True Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 470.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g