Recipe by v.czaska
My husband(who is a hummus fanatic) and I worked very hard to come up with the perfect hummus to suit our tastes...not too lemony and the tahini(sesame paste) is not overpowering. Being Armenian, hummus was a staple in my home growing up. Even people who aren't too keen on hummos have converted after tasting this!
Top Review by codedfreaq
I absolutely love this recipe! I've been making this recipe consistently for the past couple of months and have completely stopped buying hummus from the grocery store. I tend to make just two minor revisions to this recipe: I cut the garlic in half and drizzle two TEASPOONS of olive oil over the finished product rather than two tablespoons.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, plus extra
- ground cumin (to garnish)
- paprika (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat chick peas and bring to a boil.
- Reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- Add all ingredients including juice in a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl halfway through to make sure it is all blended.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with cumin and paprika.
- top with 2 tablespoons olive oil or to taste.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes and kalamata olives(opt).
- Serve with toasted pita bread.
- Even better the next day!