Recipe by KookieMomster
This is a delicious and fun Jell-O dish. I made it with orange and apricot because it was for Halloween; I poured it into jack-o-lantern shaped muffins molds. It can be made in any mold and with other flavors to celebrate other holidays. I recommend lime/cherry for Christmas, or blue raspberry/lemon for a 'pc' holiday celebration, blue raspberry/punch for Independence Day. If you don't like the cheesecake flavored pudding, any white or light yellow flavor could be used. Please let me know if you make this with a kosher or vegetarian brand how it turned out.
Top Review by lilblessings
Great kid-friendly recipe! My kids enjoyed helping me mix this up, and they loved eating it:) I used vanilla pudding and strawberry jell-o (what I had on hand) and it turned out great!
- 1 (1 ounce) boxjell-o cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjell-o apricot gelatin
- 1 (6 ounce) boxjell-o orange gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 3⁄4 cups very cold water
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pudding powder and milk and stir for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Separate 3/4 cup of pudding and set aside in refrigerator.
- Mix 2/3 cups boiling water with apricot flavored Jell-O for two minutes, and when cooled a bit mix with remaining pudding, refrigerate.
- Mix remaining boiling water with orange powder for two minutes.
- Add cold water and mix well.
- Pour into molds to fill about half way.
- Refrigerate until mostly firm.
- Stir apricot/pudding mix to liquefy, spoon into molds until each is about 3/4 full.
- Refrigerate to firm again.
- Spoon pudding into molds to fill completely.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving you may wish to gently warm the molds on the bottom with warm water.
- Turn upside down to serve. The pudding may mush out but this is like a yummy sauce. (Tre Chic!).