Alan Leonetti's Note:
A Tri-Tip is also called a Triangle Roast. It's a very lean cut of meat that does not contain much fat. If you do not see it, ask for it. Do NOT over cook this cut of meat. Do NOT cook it more than medium. NOTE: THERE ARE 24 HOURS OF INACTIVE PREP TIME IN REFRIGERATOR.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients, except garlic and rosemary, and blend well.
- 2Place roast in an oven-proof baking dish.
- 3Cover roast with the marinade and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning and basting a few times, ending with the fat side down.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5Sprinkle the garlic powder and crushed rosemary over the top of the roast.
- 6Puncture the roast with a fork all over the top, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 135 degrees for medium-rare.
- 7Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Carve against the grain and serve, using the juices as a gravy.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TRI-TIP ROAST (((DELICIOUS)))
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.6
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: