Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Tri-Tip is also called a Triangle Roast. It's a very lean cut of meat that does not contain much fat. If you do not see it, ask for it. Do NOT over cook this cut of meat. Do NOT cook it more than medium. NOTE: THERE ARE 24 HOURS OF INACTIVE PREP TIME IN REFRIGERATOR.
- Combine all ingredients, except garlic and rosemary, and blend well.
- Place roast in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Cover roast with the marinade and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning and basting a few times, ending with the fat side down.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and crushed rosemary over the top of the roast.
- Puncture the roast with a fork all over the top, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 135 degrees for medium-rare.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Carve against the grain and serve, using the juices as a gravy.