Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This quick and easy to make smoothie is very refreshing and makes a great morning treat, it's not overly sweet and is creamy, tart and tangy. What a great way to get our daily intake of fruit. Your family will feel extra special. Best of all your children will never guess how many fruit are in this tasty smoothie. I would recommend tasting the smoothie before adding the strawberries to see if more honey is needed.
- 1⁄2 cup peach nectar
- 1 1⁄2 bananas, large, frozen
- 1 1⁄3 cups peach slices, frozen
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 4 -6 ice cubes
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry, sweet, frozen
- 2 cups whipped cream (garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime rind, garnish (optional)
- In a blender add all the ingredients except for the strawberries, whipped cream and lime rind.
- Cover and combine until the mixture is smooth and silky.
- You should have a lovely thick, pale green drink.
- Next drop the strawberries into the blender and blend until half the mixture in the blender is pink and the other half is green.
- Pour slowly into chilled glasses, half filling each glass with the green mixture.
- Add a squirt of whipped cream and top with the pink mixture.
- Garnish the pretty pink and green smoothie with another squirt of whipped cream and sprinkle with the lime rind.
Very, very nice smoothie! Loved the combo of fruits, but did leave out a few of the other ingredients ~ I omitted the ice cubes (what with all the frozen fruits) as well as the whipped cream & the lemon zest. A winner of a smoothie, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]