Recipe by LonghornMama
This is a lovely gingerbread with crumb topping to have with tea or coffee. I think I found the recipe in an old Houston Junior League cookbook.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (1 lb) box dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for topping.
- Add cinnamon, soda, nutmeg and ginger to remaining flour mixture.
- Stir in eggs and buttermilk; (Do not use electric mixer).
- Pour batter into ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping and bake in preheated 350° oven for 45 minutes or until done.