Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw a similar dish as an actual hot dog meal recipe at a local diner recently. The idea inspired me to create a Tailgate Party friendly finger food.
- 4 hot dogs, your favorite variety cut in half
- 226.79 g can crescent rolls, the refrigerated variety
- 118.32 ml Cheese Whiz
- 8 large potato chips, crumbled
- 236.59 ml chili, use your favorite
- 1 large pickle, sliced into thin slices
- 9.85 ml garlic salt
- Unroll the 8 crescent rolls. Place a TBS of Cheese Whiz lengthwise down the center of each roll. Sprinkle potato chips along center of crescent roll lengthwise.
- Add 1 piece of hot dog and 1 strip of pickle to the top of each piece of pastry and roll, like you would a regular crescent roll.
- Sprinkle the top of each roll with Garlic Salt.
- Bake according to crescent roll package instructions.
- Serve with chili of choice at a tailgate party or any other occasion of choice.
These are so...unusual...lol. We really enjoyed them. We made exactly as directed. I was unsure of serving them with Chili, but they really did go well together! I liked the pickle in there...it gave it a nice little punch. This is a perfect example of "guy food". Thanks for posting! Made for Phase 1 of Theirs, Yours, & Mine Photo Tag.