Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is an internet recipe from an inn in Maine. They look delicios. The cook time is acually the time for dipping. It is just a quess.
- 177.44 ml unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 907.18 g confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 226.79 g flaked coconut
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 340.19 g chocolate chips
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 paraffin wax block (2.5 x 2.5 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes unseasoned, then mash to
- make 3/4 cup.
- Combine salt, potatoes, melted butter, confectioner's sugar, flaked
- coconut and vanilla in a mixer until smooth and well blended.
- Turn into a lined jelly roll pan.Spread evenly (mixture will be very thick), then.
- place in refrigerator to harden (24 hours).
- Cut into small squares and dip in chocolate coating.
- For coating: melt paraffin and semi-sweet chocolate at the top of a double boiler.
- Turn down heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate has melted but mixture is still slightly thick. Keeping heat low to maintain melt, dip Needhams to coat. Place dipped squares on wax paper to cool. Needhams will keep very well for a long time refrigerated and will
- actually improve in flavor over a few weeks.