Recipe by Um Safia
This is the everyday tea that you will find being served in all the households in Kuwait. It is refreshing & with a delicate flavour & aroma.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. What a lovely mug of tea. It was perfect, I love cardamom and saffron this was a no brainer for me. Thanks for sharing this recipe, that I will enjoy again. Made for NA/ME Feb Fun in the Sun 2013.
- 1 cup water
- 2 whole green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron strand (pinch)
- 1 tea bag
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tea bags, saffron & cardamon into a pan & add the water. Cover & bring to the boil. (if you do not like your tea strong, you can add the tea bag just after the water has boiled).
- Turn off heat then allow to steep for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into cup (use tea strainer!) and add sugar to taste.