Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is from the www.lifescript.com website. "Make it Seasonal: Substitute pears for the apples to make pear sauce. Add 2 twists of freshly ground black pepper to the pears for a surprising complement."
- 1182.95 ml apples, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- 177.44 ml water
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml honey
- 0.25 ml cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- 0.25 ml nutmeg, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apple chunks in a large, heavy-bottomed, stainless-steel pot. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer until the fruit becomes tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree in a food mill or blender.
- Cool and refrigerate.