Recipe by French Tart
A simple supper or luncheon recipe that can be whipped up in a trice! Organic chicken breasts that are diced and then sautéed with fresh tarragon and crème fraiche with just a hint of lemon juice! This can be made in less than 15 minutes from prep to plate, making it an ideal recipe for busy bees or couch potatoes! I love this served with a simple selection of salad leaves and herbs dressed with a classic French dressing. Do try to use fresh tarragon, I have not tried this with dried, but imagine that it will not be as zingy and fresh. This is not necessarily a summer recipe, but my tarragon is in season at the moment, the sun is out and therein a recipe name was born! Bon appétit!
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
French Tart, this is indeed a very delicious chicken recipe. I must tell you though, that I did make one major change and that was I cooked this in my crock pot (done out of necessity). I know this definitely altered the taste of the recipe and I can't wait to make it again as directed but I must tell you that the family all gave it 5 stars anyway. Since we can not get creme fraiche in any of our little markets here in the deep woods, I blended the little bit of sour cream I had left with an ounce of cream cheese and a pinch of cream to get a smooth consistency that blended well with the lemon juice and chicken broth. It made a very tasty Sunday meal. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe. Made and reviewed for the 39th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap. P.S. I must add that DS said "This is a 200 star recipe! The little leaves are extra tasty!!" referring to the fresh tarragon sprinkled on top of the plated chicken.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nut oil, such as walnut oil
- 1 chicken breast, boned (with skin or skinless)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- creme fraiche, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh tarragon leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut your chicken breast into smallish pieces, I like to cut mine into fingers about 1/2" wide and 3" long -- you can also dice it into cubes if you wish.
- Heat the butter and oil until sizzling but not brown, add the chopped tarragon and chicken pieces immediately (skin side down if using chicken with skin) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is sticky and a nice caramel colour; the butter will have browned by now, but that is fine as long as it does not burn. Turn the chicken over and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add some crème fraiche to your own requirements - I use about 2 tablespoons, but you can add more later. Allow to bubble for about 2 minutes and then add some lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper and adjust the consistency if you want it creamier.
- Serve with fresh tarragon leaves scattered over the top and a side salad with French dressing. Bon appétit!