Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A well stocked pantry can provide a wealth of ideas for dinner on the fly. Here is what we created last night, using the stuff I had on hand
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (Tuscan)
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 3⁄4-1 cup pasta cooking water, reserved
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium LOW heat in a large skillet.
- Add garlic cloves and cook until fragrant, or until tiny bubbles begin to sizzle around, do not let brown.
- Add dried basil, sundried tomatoes and seasoned salt to taste.
- Warm oil and garlic while pasta cooks.
- Add halved grape tomatoes.
- When pasta is just about finished, ladle a couple scoops of the pasta water into the skillet with the garlic sauce.
- Drain pasta and toss with garlice sauce.
- Add more pasta water if it seems dry, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in fresh basil and serve.