1/1 Photo of Tortillas De Harina - Flour Tortillas
This is an easy recipe to make buttery, yummy tortillas. Great for Quesadillas, Fajitas and Burritos. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients.
- 2Make a “hole” in the middle of your “mountain” of flour.
- 3Add oil and water and start mixing.
- 4When the dough is firm enough, knead it a bit on a flat surface.
- 5“break” pieces off the dough (about the size of a golf ball) by squeezing it with your thumb and index finger (like you’re choking it).
- 6Make several round balls (called “testales”), and placed them on a floured surface (cookie sheet works great).
- 7Let the testales rest for about 30 minutes covered with a damp towel.
- 8Place a testal on a floured surface. Flour your rolling pin and roll. Whatever technique you use for rolling… just spread them enough so they are bout 6 inches in diameter.
- 9Cook your tortillas on a “comal”, flat griddle or skillet at medium heat (mine was on 6 on an electric stove). You don’t need to oil the skillet (there’s enough oil in there).
- 10Just like with pancakes, the 1st one is never good, but the rest are delicious.
- 11You can pile up the uncooked tortillas, they won’t stick.
- 12My process is usually: flatten, place in comal, flatten another one, turn the one in the comal, flatten another one, remove the one from the comal and repeat!
- 13It takes about 1 minute to cook on the 1st side (you will see some bubbles appear on the surface, this is normal), then you turn and it takes about 30 seconds on the second side.
- 14Eat them warm, but to freeze or refrigerate, make sure you cool them spread out on a flat surface before bagging them.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortillas De Harina - Flour Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 502.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g