Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is something we threw together when we couldn't be bothered to make fresh pizza bases, and couldn't face frozen ones. We used flour tortillas but you could use corn ones if you prefer. Using two tortillas with some soft cheese in between adds a bit of stability to what otherwise could be an extremely floppy pizza! The cooking time is just a guide as you will be able to see when it's cooked - when the cheese melts!!!
- 2 tortillas
- 14.79 ml soft cheese
- 14.79 ml pizza sauce
- 118.29 ml diced mozzarella cheese
- mixed herbs
- 118.29 ml ham
- 118.29 ml diced green onion
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Evenly spread the soft cheese onto one of the tortillas.
- Optional - add a pinch of fresh or dried mixed herbs over the soft cheese base.
- Place the second tortilla on top and press down lightly.
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce on top of the tortilla.
- Add the cheese and any other toppings you would like.
- Place in the oven (on a pizza tray if you like or directly onto the rack) and cook the pizza until it the cheese melts and the pizza is piping hot.
- Optional: Serve with a sprinkling of fresh herbs if you like.
I used a spreadable herb and garlic cheese. Then used Favorite No-Cook Pizza Sauce for the pizza sauce. This was an easy quick lunch. Thanks Lory :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
Great little pizzas! The double layer of tortillas was a nice touch to make a sturdy base. I used corn tortillas, a wedge of spreadable cheese in sundried tomato & mozzarella flavor for the soft cheese, and topped with chopped onion, ham, and tomatoes. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11
Very nice quick pizza! I wasn't sure what constituted soft cheese so just added a little more mozz. between the tortillas. For toppings, I was trying to clear some things out of the fridge so added some crumbly feta and shredded roast beef (as well as a few green olives). Baked at 400F for 10 minutes and had a yummy crispy crust. Thanks for sharing!