Recipe by - Carla -
Simple and delicate, Tortellini ai Formaggi with Prosciutto and Peas is a delicious and easy dish to prepare for a romantic evening meal.
Top Review by NELady
This was sooooo good. There were no left-overs and my husband is already begging me to make it again! Not sure I'll use the prosciutto next time (it was really expensive here)... thin ham would work just as well (or leftover chicken, for a change -- would even be awesome without the meat). Delicious! I made exactly as directed and it was a hit.
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1⁄4 cup water, reserved from cooking pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Melt butter in skillet and cook garlic for 1 minute.
- Add Prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add nutmeg and simmer until cream is thickened and reduced by half.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan and peas.
- Stir in reserved cooking liquid and tortellini and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!