This is just a basic pesto but so good! My daughter loves this! Enjoy!
Make and share this Tori's Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (use fairly large cloves)
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to fry the garlic and toast the nuts
- 4 ounces grated cheese (I use Rienzi parmesan)
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt and fresh black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, put in basil leaves, cheese and oil.
- Place the nuts and garlic in a small frying pan. Coat with just enough olive oil to fry garlic and toast the nuts. Be careful not to burn eithier one. They with brown fast! add to the blender with salt and pepper and blend until the ingredients are a fine paste.
- Serve immediately over pasta. Delicious with Gnocchi or cheese tortellini.
This is divine and so easy to make! When my basil is ready this season I'll make several batches and freeze them. It's hard to believe I'm the first reviewer. This is going into my Best of 2010 Cookbook. Thanks, Diamond Joe! Made for Bargain Basement Game.