1/1 Photo of Tori's Pesto
Diamond Joe's Note:
This is just a basic pesto but so good! My daughter loves this! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (use fairly large cloves)
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to fry the garlic and toast the nuts
- 4 ounces grated cheese (I use Rienzi parmesan)
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1In a blender or food processor, put in basil leaves, cheese and oil.
- 2Place the nuts and garlic in a small frying pan. Coat with just enough olive oil to fry garlic and toast the nuts. Be careful not to burn eithier one. They with brown fast! add to the blender with salt and pepper and blend until the ingredients are a fine paste.
- 3Serve immediately over pasta. Delicious with Gnocchi or cheese tortellini.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tori's Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.4
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g