Recipe by FlyfishingTom
A Cajun twist with a "little" heat to spice it up for a fall classic snack. Best made right from the pumpkin, or soak overnight in a little salt water before roasting. I use 33% Less Sodium Salt to make it a "little" healthier.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon low sodium salt or 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wash all the seeds picking out all of the pumpkin guts and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix salt and and the other 2 seasonings into a salt shaker.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of oil and seeds into a large Ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- Use the other 1/2 teaspoon to coat 1 or 2 cookie sheets.
- Spread seeds out evenly onto cookie sheets and sprinkle the salt mixture onto the seeds.
- Place cookie sheet into the oven until the seeds are a light golden brown, usually 20 to 30 minutes. Taste 1 or 2 after 20 minutes to see if they are crunchy or need more time and Enjoy.
- *You can soak the seeds in saltwater overnight if you really like them salty.*.