1/1 Photo of Tommy Bahama Key Lime Pie With White Chocolate Mousse Whipped Cr
3 hrs 30 mins
I found this on the Tommy Bahama Site and am posting to take to a Memorial Day Picnic. Cooking time includes both cooking and cooling times. The original recipe calls for an uncooked pastry crust, but I prefer a graham cracker crust. You can use either.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 inch) uncooked pie crusts
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg yolk
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 lime, sliced into 8 equally-sized wheels
White Chocolate Mousse Whipped Cream
- 1To make the pie:Brush egg whites onto uncooked pie shell using a pastry brush, making sure the shell is evenly coated. Pour off any excess egg whites.
- 2Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place pie shell in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- 3Shell should look golden brown. Let cool at room temperature.
- 4While the shell is cooling, mix the egg yolks and condensed milk together using a wire whip until incorporated. Pour the key lime juice and zest into the mixture of yolks and condensed milk, slowly mixing with the wire whip until incorporated.
- 5Add the key lime pie mixture into the cooled pie shell. Adjust the oven temperature to 250° F and bake pie for 25-30 minutes. The finished pie should have a "Jell-O"-like consistency. Place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 6Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into 8 even slices when serving.
- 7To make the whipped cream, Instructions:Using an electric mixer, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Using the whisk attachment, beat cream mixture on high speed for 2 minutes.
- 8Add the white chocolate mousse to the cream mixture and mix until it reaches the consistency of stiff peaks.
- 9Place the whipped cream into a piping bag with an open star tip. When serving, pipe it onto each piece of key lime pie. (If you do not have a piping bag, you can simply dollop a generous scoop of the whipped cream onto the center of each piece.).
- 10Cut a slice in your lime "wheels," twist and place in the center of each piece.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tommy Bahama Key Lime Pie With White Chocolate Mousse Whipped Cr
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.7
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 320.5 mg
- Sodium 281.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 55.8 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of
chocolate mousse mix