Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love tomatoes, but unfortunately, they don't love me, I break out into eczema if I eat them. So whenever I am at a Middle Eastern restaurant chowing down on Falafels I am wistfully looking over at the tabbouleh wishing I could have some of those fresh greens. Well today I finally made something from scratch and my imagination that is worthy of being posted! (At heart, I am not a very good cook -- this must have been a fluke) This recipe below not only has no tomoatoes, but no wheat as well, another one of my allergies. (Sometimes I feel as if I am falling apart! :))
- Chop up the parsley either by hand or processor (I actually used kichen shears, next time will try the processor)and put into bowl.
- Add juice of the one lemon - you may even use two. Try to get fresh lemons instead of the bottled kind, the extra zing is great.
- Add the 1 TB Olive Oil. I always try to get away the least amount of oil. You may want to add a bit more if your parsley bunch is quite large. However, stir it up first, as a little oil goes a long way.
- Cut up the pepper, add it inches.
- Add Hemp seeds, pine nuts and capers. The capers give it a nice saltyness, no need to add any salt.