An overabundance of vine-ripened tomatoes? Lucky you! This is the recipe you want to make. From Elizabeth David's 'A Book of Mediterranean Food'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler in oven.
- 2Have baking rack in centre rack of oven.
- 3With a sharp knife make several incisions crosswise in pulp of the tomatoes and in these, rub salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- 4Put tomato halves, cut side up, in baking pan just large enough to hold them.
- 5Pour 1 tblsp olive oil over minced parsley and stir to coat.
- 6Distribute parsley evenly over the 8 halves, pressing down lightly.
- 7Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over each tomato half and cook under the grill until tomatoes have softened and are slightly charred on cut surface.
- 8Serve with grilled or roasted meats.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes Provencales
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g