Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An overabundance of vine-ripened tomatoes? Lucky you! This is the recipe you want to make. From Elizabeth David's 'A Book of Mediterranean Food'.
- Preheat broiler in oven.
- Have baking rack in centre rack of oven.
- With a sharp knife make several incisions crosswise in pulp of the tomatoes and in these, rub salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- Put tomato halves, cut side up, in baking pan just large enough to hold them.
- Pour 1 tblsp olive oil over minced parsley and stir to coat.
- Distribute parsley evenly over the 8 halves, pressing down lightly.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over each tomato half and cook under the grill until tomatoes have softened and are slightly charred on cut surface.
- Serve with grilled or roasted meats.