1/1 Photo of Tomatoes & Eggs With Mushrooms (Uova in Purgatorio)
This is a great Italian brunch dish. Its so easy to make. The presentation is beautiful and it tastes wonderful. Serve it up with some fruit and a nice crusty piece of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cut tomatoes into cubes and drain for several minutes.
- 2in a 10 - 11 inch frypan over high heat add olive oil or butter and add mushrooms and oregano, stirring until soft and juices have evaporated.
- 3Add tomatoes and sundried tomatoes if using and stir to heated through and still a little firm.
- 4With a spoon make 6-8 spaces, large enough for fried egg and break an egg into each space.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover evenly with cheese.
- 6Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are set as you like.
- 7Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes & Eggs With Mushrooms (Uova in Purgatorio)
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 448.1 mg
- Sodium 308.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 25.7 g