Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great Italian brunch dish. Its so easy to make. The presentation is beautiful and it tastes wonderful. Serve it up with some fruit and a nice crusty piece of bread.
- 3 -4 large tomatoes, peeled, cubed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 3 -4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 6 -8 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- chopped fresh parsley
- cut tomatoes into cubes and drain for several minutes.
- in a 10 - 11 inch frypan over high heat add olive oil or butter and add mushrooms and oregano, stirring until soft and juices have evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and sundried tomatoes if using and stir to heated through and still a little firm.
- With a spoon make 6-8 spaces, large enough for fried egg and break an egg into each space.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover evenly with cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are set as you like.
- Garnish with parsley.