Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This quick and delicious recipe is the perfect compliment to any meal of the day. We love tomatoes and almost always have these basic ingredients on hand. The tomatoes are filled with Simply Potatoes® DICED POTATOES with onion, spinach with cottage cheese, and pepper. It can also be easily enhanced with your other favorite ingredients such as crispy bacon and much more!!!!.
- 2 -3 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- Hollow-out tomatoes by slicing tops off (about 1/2 inch) and scooping out seeds and pulp.
- Fill bottom of tomatoes with 1/3 cup of Simply Potatoes® DICED POTATOES with onion -- filling about a third of each tomato.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese,and 1 teaspoons of pepper.
- Layer spinach mixture onto potatoes, filling the tomatoes completely, and place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle all with 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.