1/1 Photo of Tomato-Stuffed Chicken Rolls
I love recipes that are low calorie/low fat and just don't taste like it! This tastes a lot like chicken Parmesan. I used fresh basil and shredded asiago cheese on the insides. This recipe is adapted from Better Homes and Garden's editor's top ten Healthy for the Heart Recipes. Posted for Healthy for the Holidays! Be sure to have toothpicks on hand to secure the rolls. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare chicken rolls as directed and place in baking dish. Cover and chill for up to 12 hours (bake as directed).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons grated asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed or 3/4 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 beaten egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- spaghetti sauce, warmed (your favorite)
- hot cooked fettuccine or other pastas
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Place each chicken piece between wax paper. Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- 3Top chicken with tomato, cheese, garlic, herbs, and pepper. Fold in long sides of chicken and roll into a spiral. Secure with toothpicks.
- 4Spray a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- 5In a shallow dish combine egg white and water.
- 6In another shallow dish combine cornflake crumbs and the 3/4 teaspoon herbs.
- 7Dip each roll into the egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- 8Place coated rolls in prepared dish.
- 9Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 10Remove toothpicks. If desired, slice rolls; serve with spaghetti sauce over pasta.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
dried Italian seasoning