Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe I got from Kraft magazine.
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, casing removed (hot or mild)
- 7 cups Baby Spinach (or 1-6 oz package)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- cook past as directed.
- Meanwhile, crumble meat into large deep skillet.
- Cook on med-high until cooked through, stirring occasionally, drain.
- Add spinach, and tomatoes.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add meat mixture, then top with cheeses, mix lightly.
I have made this to rave reviews each time I've made it. I've always made it exactly to the recipe although I can imagine that making it without the sausage would be perfectly fine for those that do not eat meat. My husband never leaves a crumb left!
Delicious simple-to-make weeknight supper! I didn't have the type of tomatoes specified so I used a regular can of diced tomatoes and sprinkled basil and garlic powder over all in the skillet - worked out well for us. Thanks for sharing!