- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, sun dried
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped (lemon basil works too)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: If your dried tomatoes are very dry, soak in water for about 1/2 hour or 'til tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the water for the recipe.
- NOTE: If your tomatoes are stored in olive oil, drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the oil for the recipe, then rinse tomatoes for 2 seconds and let drain.
- In a food processor bowl, combine all ingredients except oil and water. Process until well blended but not paste.
- Slowly add the oil in a stream while the processor is running.
- Add the water and blend until of desired consistency.
- Long blending will produce a thicker sauce.
- If it's too thick, add more water (not oil) until of desired consistency.
- One tablespoon equals one serving on an average-size bowl of pasta.
- Garnish with chopped dried tomatoes.
- Too good --.
- Makes about 1-1/2 cups. Can be frozen.