Top Review by love4culinary
These are absolutely unbelievable! The flavors are just magnificent! The touch of cinnamon is key in this recipe. I used an extra clove of garlic. I didnt have plum tomatoes on hand, so I used some beautiful organic tomatoes I got from the fresh market. These are just absolutely fabulous. Ive never had anything like them!!! Thank you so much for this recipe. it will definitely be entered into my perm. file!
- 1 cup of peeled chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup of finely chopped scallion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or more, if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- olive oil or vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, scallions, garlic, herbs, and spices.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix together, so that all the ingredients are well-blended and have the consistency of a thick batter (about as thick as pancake batter).
- In either a sauce pan or a large heavy skillet, heat enough oil for frying (several fingers deep).
- When the oil is very hot, drop the batter, a tablespoon at a time, into the pan and fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.