Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
The tomato is traditional. The peach and mango are not. From Vegetarian Journal
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 -4 hot peppers, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tomatoes or 2 peaches or 1 mango, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Saute the garlic and the ginger in the oil for five minutes.
- Add the peppers and spices and saut a few seconds more.
- Add the tomato [mango or peach] and the water and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until the achar is the consistency of catsup.