Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a great tasting tomato, olive and fontina frittata. This is a super dish to make for a Sunday or Holiday Brunch or even a dinner party. I do most of the prep for this in my food processor/mini-chopper (for the tomato, pancetta, scallions, & olives). Recipe doesn't include it, but you could also add some Italian peppers or cherry peppers to kick it up a bit.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or 1 teaspoon Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix)
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, shredded (or cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can olives, sliced and pitted
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (fresh tomato, chopped and seeded)
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta (or Canadian bacon or ham)
- cooking spray (Pam olive oil cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 3-4 quart casserole dish with olive oil Pam cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- In bowl, whisk 1 egg with flour until blended then whisk in the 5 remaining eggs, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake 22-25 minutes until golden brown and well set.