Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Presented By: Tomato Head
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift flour, spices and baking soda.
- Place in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Add butter and mix until it resembles sand.
- Add molasses and milk and mix until smooth dough forms.
- Remove dough from mixer, place between two sheets of wax paper and roll out to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Refrigerate dough over night.
- Cut dough out into desired shapes, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet.
- Decorate with icing.