Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Taste of Home.
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked & drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- In a 5-quart slow cooker combine the first five ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You could probably cook this on low for 6-8 hours as well.
This was a very easy soup to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I thawed my mixed veggies. I cooked this on high for four hours but the veggies were still crunchy so I cooked it for another two hours. We all enjoyed this but I think it could have used more seasoning. I will make again but maybe add some garlic and maybe a beef boullion cube.
This is a very simple recipe that tastes great. I make it often because my family really likes it. I usually substitute tomato juice for the V8 juice because that's what I have on hand and it's always tasty.
This is reminiscent of my mom's "Kitchen Sink Stew", however, she didn't add a cream soup to hers. I love the added texture of the cream soup. The flavor of this soup is really great. I didn't have minced onion, so I used 1 tsp. of onion powder. That did the trick. Thanks so much for this keeper!